Critical Care Process for Customers, Physicians
Critical care service is for customers who have medical conditions that require life-sustaining assistance from electricity-dependent equipment.
The service provides to customers safeguards to reduce the likelihood of disconnection.
How to apply for critical care designation
- Download the Public Utilities Commission's critical care application form (English PDF) (Spanish PDF).
- Provide the application to your physician.
- Ask your physician to:
- complete the application.
- send the form directly to TNMP:
- fax: 972-420-7628 (attention Debbie Fielding)
Your application must be submitted by a physician. We cannot accept applications submitted directly by customers.
What happens next?
- review the application.
- evaluate it for completeness.
- notify your retail provider regarding:
- whether designation is critical or chronic.
- send notification to you regarding approval by U.S. mail within two business days.
We will notify you of:
- the date of designation.
- expiration date.
- whether you will receive a renewal notice.