Keeping the lights on
- TNMP has plans in place to mitigate impacts of the virus on our in-the-field work force.
- Outage-restoration will continue to prioritize key community services (hospitals, water/sewer, etc.) and outages that affect the largest numbers of customers.
- Customer service agents have been working from home, but many customers also can report outages and receive restoration estimates using our automated phone system.
- Employees continue working in the field, including conducting outage-restoration when needed. For safety reasons, a) please keep your distance from their work areas at all times and b) please practice social distancing due to COVID-19 concerns.
Retail markets & REP billing companies
- We haven’t experienced and don’t anticipate significant interruptions in market activity due to COVID-19.
- More than 99 percent of our meters are advanced (aka, smart) meters.
- Service orders, including move-ins and REP switches, are automated and rarely require human intervention.
- REP agents also are encouraged to use our REP portal for certain functions, including premise searches, on-demand reads, Safety Net submissions, historical data requests and several reporting options.
- Our employees have been reminded of the importance of social distancing, good hygiene practices and adhering to other CDC recommendations.
- Our field crews adjust timing as needed to limit contact with other crews and employees.
- Employees in positions to telecommute have been doing so.
- Company travel has been limited to business-essential trips only, while an increased use of digital tools has been under way.