Critical Care: Residential
Critical care service is for customers who have medical conditions that require life-sustaining assistance from electricity-dependent equipment.
The service provides safeguards for customers to reduce the likelihood of disconnection.
How to apply
- Download the Public Utilities Commission's critical care application form (English PDF) (Spanish PDF).
- Provide the application to your physician.
- Ask your physician to:
- Complete the application.
- Send the form directly to TNMP:
- Fax: 469-484-8623
- E-mail: email@example.com
Your application must be submitted by a physician. We cannot accept applications submitted directly by customers.
What happens next?
- Review the application.
- Evaluate it for completeness.
- Notify your retail provider regarding:
- Whether designation is critical or chronic
- Send notification to you regarding approval by U.S. mail within two business days.
We will notify you of:
- The date of designation.
- The expiration date.
- Whether you will receive a renewal notice.