Enter Safety Net Transaction
The safety-net process is a manual workaround used when transactions are:
- Not functional.
- For priority orders.
Qualifying priority orders require immediate notification to ensure that a customer receives electric service in a timely manner.
Safety-net requests must be entered by retail providers.
Please download and review ERCOT's safety-net process Word document to ensure compliance with market rules.
REP steps to take
- Download the safety-net request worksheet Word document from ERCOT
- Complete the worksheet
- Submit the worksheet by e-mail to email@example.com
What happens next?
Safety-net requests are processed on business days, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Central.
- Review your request and verify validity.
- Acknowledge that the request has been received.
- Via e-mail.
- Same business day.
- Make appropriate arrangements for the customer's service to be turned on.
- Verify the next business day that a move-in transaction has been received from the retail provider.