Request Temporary Disconnection
What is it?
We can temporarily disconnect services to allow work involving or near your electrical equipment to be conducted safely. This will turn off power to the premise.
These typically are needed by customers who have hired contractors or electricians to conduct work, but power must be off for work to be completed safely.
- $64 for the disconnection (in most cases)
- Additional $64 for the re-connection (in most cases)
- Re-connection fees may be higher if completed after hours.
Fees are charged to customers' retail provider billing companies, which typically pass fees on to customers on monthly bills.
Please make your request three (3) business days in advance. You can make the request up to one full business day in advance, but three days' notice is best to ensure that we can complete our work on the day requested.
Temporary disconnections generally are completed between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m., and no later than noon, on the days requested. Sorry, we can't schedule or promise a specific time.
We plan re-connections to be completed by 3:30 p.m., assuming:
- work at your property is completed.
- required municipal inspections have been completed.
- our crew members can confirm that your property is ready to receive electric service.
Make sure someone is home for the disconnection and re-connection to be completed.
Contact your local code-compliance agency regarding inspections that have to be completed prior to re-connection.
How to request
- Call us at 888-866-7456
- Mondays-Fridays, 8:30 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Tell the agent you're requesting a temporary disconnection.