Six $10K Safety, COVID-19 Grants Awarded
Six organizations have been awarded community safety grants to support response to COVID-19 and to assist senior citizens in areas served by Texas-New Mexico Power.
The qualifying 501(c)(3) nonprofits will be granted $10,000 each by the TNMP Fund to help cover costs of addressing the pandemic’s effect in their areas.
“We were pleased to see organizations have been stepping up and making an impact in response to how the virus is affecting their communities,” TNMP President Neal Walker said. “We look forward to learning about the fruit of their labors as this fight continues.”
- Alvin Volunteer Fire Department: Purchase of personal protection equipment for firefighters and residents, including N95 masks, goggles, aprons, latex gloves and hand sanitizer.
- Clifton Lutheran Sunset Home: Performance of otherwise-routine tasks, including grocery shopping and post office visits, for residents sheltering in place at the Rainbow Retirement Community.
- Galveston County Food Bank: Funding home deliveries for seniors who continue to face food insecurity but who must shelter in place.
- Montague County Carpenters Shop: Funding for meals and delivery for senior and disabled community members, plus taking temperatures and providing safety tips and information updates on the pandemic.
- Rotary Club of Friendswood Charitable Foundation: Purchasing of meals from locally owned restaurants and delivery of them to senior citizens who are sheltering in place at home.
- Sweeny Community Hospital Development Foundation: Providing of meals, hygiene items, sanitizer, first aid kits and activities for senior citizens.
The TNMP Fund anticipates that the application window for TNMP Power Grants, a general grant program, will open in late summer.
Grants are awarded by the TNMP Fund, a division of the PNM Resources Foundation, the nonprofit foundation of TNMP's parent company. No customer rate dollars are used to fund grants.
TNMP is a transmission and distribution service provider that delivers power to about 255,000 homes and businesses on behalf of retail electric providers in Texas. More information is available at tnmp.com/about-us.
Eric Paul: 409-949-5685